Join us for a relaxing ride on a 10 km or 15 km trail through the Central Staging area of the Blackfoot Cooking Lake Recreation Area.
Many riders return year after year to uphold the tradition of riding to grant wishes, and some have been with us since the very beginning, 28 years ago! Your pledge donations will go directly towards giving the gift of hope by granting wishes for children in Alberta diagnosed with a severe chronic or life-threatening medical illness. All you have to do is decide to ride, collect pledges, come with a good appetite and then take part in our Luck-of-the-Draw raffle! Every rider receives entries in the draw to win fabulous prize packages.
What you need:
- A horse at least 3 years old (we don’t supply them), with feed, water, and transportation;
- A minimum of $50 in pledge donations (but there’s prizes for the top pledge earners, so aim high!);
- Be over 18 years old, or have a parent or guardian sign your waiver and ride with you.
What you get:
- Complimentary Breakfast and BBQ Lunch;
- Door prize draw;
- Satisfaction of having made wishes come true!
With every $100 you raise in pledge donations, you will receive ONE entry in the draw to win CHIA. She is a Quarter Horse, coming 2 years old, and has her papers all ready to be registered. Sire is MJM Smokey Sonofsun and Dam is KS Kim Bassinger. The more you raise, the better your chances of winning young Chia. Thank you to Bev and Norm Manning for raising Chia and offering her to the winner of the Grand Prize Draw!
We aim to raise $15,000 before event costs of $900. Full rules and regulations are available on the event registration and waiver form, which all riders must complete before riding.