What is “personal information” and what personal information do you collect?
”Personal information” means any information that could be used, alone or combined, to identify an individual. This may include your name, phone number, email address, credit card or financial information, and medical information.
How do you collect my personal information and what do you collect?
We collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us ,including the following:
- Contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, and email address);
- Financial and billing;
- Tax receipt information;
- Child referral information (such as child’s name, age, contact information, nominator’s relationship with the child, and medical information); and
- Other personal information we may need to provide you with our services.
We also automatically collect information when you access our Site. This information does not contain any personally identifiable information and is collected to help us serve our visitors better. Examples of information we may automatically collect are:
- Your computer’s operating system, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, your location;
- Your usage time, language, the website that referred you and activity on our Site;
- Data that is uploaded and transferred; and
- User interaction such as clicks throughout the Site.
How do you use and disclose my personal information?
We may use and share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Contacting and corresponding with you;
- Accepting and processing referrals of children who may qualify for a wish;
- Facilitating your registration as a volunteer or member;
- Issuing tax receipts to donors;
- Communicating with you about future fundraising events and other news;
- Recognizing our volunteers and members publicly for their contributions;
- Helping us determine how you use our Site so that we can personalize your experience; and
- Generating statistics to measure and analyze the Site’s activities.
There may be times we may disclose personal information without consent when required to do so by law (for example subpoenas, search warrants, and other government or legal orders).
Analytics and Cookies
We use analytics and cookies to help us better understand how you use our Site. You can control your cookies and other technology preferences by going to your browser settings and tools. Please note, if you disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not function properly.
Third Party Access
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you wish to limit or withdraw your consent, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
In order to provide personal information of a child to the Society, you must be the child’s parent or legal guardian, or you should obtain the parent or legal guardian’s consent before proceeding. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13. If you believe your child has disclosed their information to us, contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
How do you keep my personal information?
We employ reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure, or destruction.
If we use third parties, such as service providers, to help us provide our services, we require such service providers to use similar safeguards to those we use. We also require service providers to limit access to your personal information and to keep it strictly confidential. Service providers are only permitted to use your personal information for the sole purpose of carrying out services on our behalf.
Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary to serve the identified purposes or subject to any other legislative retention obligation.
How can I access or correct my personal information?
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information, you may contact us using the contact information provided in the Contact Us section below.
The Rainbow Society of Alberta
1-6604 82 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, T6B 0E7
Phone : 780-469-3306
Toll Free: 1-877-469-3306
Email: [email protected]