Make a Donation Online
Donations can be made to The Rainbow Society of Alberta online through our dedicated donation page on the CanadaHelps website. You have the option of making a one time donation, setting up monthly deductions, donating securities, or setting up a fundraising campaign.
There are many other ways to help, including:
- Monetary donations made in person or via mail.
- Donate a product or service in connection with a wish (i.e. flight or hotel vouchers, construction services, etc.).
- Donate new items to be used in one of our many fundraising auctions.
- Donate practical “Gifts in Kind”, such as new office supplies or office equipment.
- Donate to our endowment fund to provide an ongoing source for future wishes. Note: You will need to choose “Select From All Funds”; then type in “The Rainbow Society of Alberta Fund” to ensure we receive your donation.
All donations will receive a receipt suitable for income tax purposes, when eligible under the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
We are grateful for the opportunity to be considered for memorial donations made in tribute of someone’s life by their families and loved ones. Memorial contributions help make memorable wishes come true for courageous children dealing with pain, frustration, physical limitations, hospital stays, and rehabilitation, all while still trying to just be a child.
Granting the wish of a sick child is a wonderful legacy to the memory of a loved one who has passed on. Memorializing a loved one through a donation to The Rainbow Society allows a child to step outside their illness and be adventuresome, confident, fearless, and experience genuine happiness. The lasting effects of having a wish come true for a child are immeasurable and the memories created will boost their spirit on even the most challenging days.
The Rainbow Society of Alberta will acknowledge your loved one in a thank you letter to those who make a memorial donation, and will also notify you of all those who paid tribute to your loved one. If there is a wish that has special meaning to you and your loved one (such as a Disney trip or the fun and freedom of riding bicycles together) we can designate all donations made in their honour towards granting such a wish to a child waiting to have their dream come true. Memorial donations are eligible for tax receipts, and helping to make life better for a sick child is a beautiful way to honour your loved one.
Please contact our head office at 780-469-3306 so that we may assist you with setting up your memorial tribute, including setting up online donations.
In Tribute Donations
More and more people are choosing to “pay it forward” for their birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, retirements, wedding or baby showers, or other celebrations. The Rainbow Society of Alberta will acknowledge all contributions made In Tribute, and will also notify you of all those who contributed. We can even help you find a wish that has special meaning to you, (such as a Disney trip or the fun and freedom of riding bicycles together), and can designate all donations made in your honour towards granting such a wish to a child waiting to have their dream come true. In Tribute donations are eligible for tax receipts, and helping to make life better for a sick child is a beautiful way to celebrate a milestone in your life. If you would like to ask the people in your life to make a donation in honour of your special day, please contact our head office at 780-469-3306 and we can help you get started.
Donate a Car
Donate-a-Car makes car donations simple for both you, and the charity you love. They make used car donations, car removal, car recycling, or simply junking a car an easy process for you. They are honored to manage every donation made, and are committed to providing exceptional customer service every step of the way.
It’s Easier Than You’d Think!
Donate your securities (stocks, investments, etc.). The Canadian federal government has eliminated tax on capital gains for donations of securities, mutual funds, and segregated funds to registered charities. You may donate securities to us, which are then eligible for a tax receipt equal to the full value of the investment donated, while at the same time eliminating any capital gains tax you would have to pay if you were cashing in or selling your securities (i.e. we receive the full donated amount, and you wouldn’t be required to pay capital gains tax on any appreciation in the security). Benefits of donating securities.
Donating Aeroplan Points
Donating a Life Insurance Policy
With a life insurance policy you can make a gift to The Rainbow Society and help yourself at the same time. Here are few different options to consider;
- Give an existing policy that you no longer need. You’ll receive a tax credit, plus additional credits if premiums are still owing and you continue to pay them.
- Purchase a new policy in the name of The Rainbow Society of Alberta. You’ll receive a tax credit for each payment you make and assure a significant future gift to us.
- Make your once-in-a-lifetime gift to The Rainbow Society of Alberta now, and invest your tax savings in a life insurance policy that will replace the asset for your heirs.
- Donations are tax deductible under the Canada Customs and Revenue Act.
- We adhere to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code.
- For more information on making donations to registered charities, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.
- Learn more about the issue of official income tax receipts.